Sunday mornings are my favorite when Dustin is home. I love waking up a little late on Sunday mornings and cooking a full breakfast. Mimosa's are almost always involved. Yesterday was a perfect Sunday to prepare breakfast. We went for a quick 1.5 mile run, came home, turned on the football game and I went to work in the kitchen. While this dish isn't exciting or hard to do, I wanted to share since I'm new at blogging.
Anytime I cook, I always look to see what vegetables or fruit need to be used right away. I am very resourceful and hate to let anything go to waste. When I opened the fridge, I noticed we had some asparagus to use. I decided to make an asparagus and tomato egg scramble with a side of bacon. (Because everything is better with bacon, right?)
I started by chopping a clove of garlic and cutting up the asparagus into bite size pieces.
I then added the chopped ingredients to my pan of melted margarine.
While the garlic and asparagus were sautéing, I whisked my eggs together (4 eggs). Whenever I make scrambled eggs, I always add splash of milk for fluffiness and garlic salt to season.
When the asparagus softened and the garlic browned a little, I added cherry tomatoes. You can add any tomato you like; I always have cherry tomatoes on hand. I sautéed the mixture for a few minutes to allow the tomatoes to soften a bit.
Next I added my egg mixture.
Once my eggs were well scrambled, I plated, topped with a little pepper and parmesan cheese. On the side I served BACON! I always use the Apple Bacon from Trader Joe's. Its the best!
Normally I would accompany my Sunday morning breakfast with a mimosa, but yesterday was a rare day... Coffee & Kahlua was my drink of choice. Mmmmm!!
Bon appétit!!







No comments:
Post a Comment